Jump to recipe
Double Baked Chipotle Chicken Sweet Potatoes
Basically, the EASIEST, tastiest, and BEST thing you can make to eat this week!
I STRONGLY suggest that you double this recipe, then place your additional servings into meal-prep containers to reheat for FAST healthy meals all week long!
I know it’s hard to believe, but these stuffed baked potatoes are even more delicious the next day!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 extra large sweet potatoes, thoroughly washed and pat dry
- 1 tsp avocado oil, or olive oil, divided
- 4 Tbsps adobo sauce, divided
- 1/2 tsp pepper flakes
- 1 tsp dried oregano, divided
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to your taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 1 lb. ground chicken, or ground turkey
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese of choice, divided (Parmesan, mozzarella, or Colby Jack are all good options)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a fork, poke a few holes into your sweet potatoes then place them on your prepared baking sheet. Roast for 35-40 minutes, or until tender inside.Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Brown the ground chicken/turkey for about 3-4 minutes, then stir in 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce, pepper flakes, and then sea salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine, then set aside.Once the sweet potatoes are roasted, remove from the oven and let them cool just a bit. Once you’re able to safely touch them, slice each one lengthways and spoon out the flesh into a bowl as shown.Add into that bowl: half the cheese, oregano, the remaining adobo sauce, a teensy pinch of sea salt and pepper. Stir to combine, then spoon the potato mixture back inside your sweet potato skins.Top equally with your adobo chicken and remaining shredded cheese, and return to the oven for about 3-4 minutes, or just until cheese is melted. Enjoy while hot!
Remember to tag me in your Clean creations @CleanFoodCrush!