Leftover Turkey Mason Jar Salads
After the LONG weekend, it’s definitely time to dive back into our Meal Prep Game!
I often urge people to cook Turkey more often, and year round! I’ll freeze a few extra when they’re on sale during the holidays, to use throughout the winter months.
I’m also known to roast a turkey in the spring or early fall because it’s a very simple, and extremely economical source of high-quality protein.
Think about how many future meals (soups, salads, etc) can be created from just one large bird!
So next time Turkey is on sale, roast one up, and stock your freezer!
➡️ Why glass canning jars for salads?
Because they stay fresher this way! As long as you build it in the proper order (very important!) Then you’ll have tasty grab-n-go salads all week!
How do you like this video? Do our videos help you?
- 3 cups diced, or shredded leftover turkey
- 2 medium, crisp organic apples
- 2 cups chickpeas, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions, green onions, or a small red onion
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4-6 cups chopped organic baby spinach, mixed baby greens, or baby arugula (washed and air dried completely)
For the dressing:
- 4 Tbsps freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps pure maple syrup, or raw honey
- 4 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 (28oz.) wide mouth mason jars