Party Appetizers that will impress your crowd! No need to mention they pack a HUGE nutritional punch! Ingredients:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 avocados
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- juice of 1 fesh lime
- 1-1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 f.
- Slice the potatoes 1/2 inch thick. You want them thin enough to crisp up, yet substantial enough to hold up.
- Cover bottom of baking sheet with foil. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to tin foil and spread to coat evenly.
- Place sweet potato slices on the tin foil, being careful not to crowd the pan. Likely you will need two different baking sheets.
- Season with salt and bake for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from oven.
- In a food processor blend avocado, cilantro, lime juice, red wine vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Lightly pulse until the mixture is smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mix smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and chipotle powder. Toss shrimp into the mixture being sure to coat evenly.
- Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Add oil to the pan and then place the shrimp. Cook shrimp for about 2-3 minutes.
- Place a dollop of guacamole in the middle of each sweet potato crisp. Then top it with a shrimp. Garnish with cilantro and serve.