Makes 4 servings
Tomato + Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Rollatini ????
Your house will smell AMAZING while these chicken roll-ups are baking…fit for COMPANY!
Our special CFC recipe for Tomato + Roasted Red Pepper Chicken Rollatini turns out so beautiful, and completely DELICIOUS.
Your family will think you’re a gourmet chef; all with just a few extra minutes’ effort.I like to pound my chicken with a mallet in the thicker areas to get each of them to an even, uniform size so that they cook up nicely.
Place boneless chicken breasts between two pieces of waxed paper, plastic wrap, parchment paper, or in a resealable plastic bag.
Starting in the center and working out to the edges, pound lightly with the flat side of a meat mallet, or heavy skillet, until the breast is even in thickness.
This method typically produces juicier chicken breasts because there is no need to overcook your meat to get those middle thick parts cooked through.
I like to soak my wooden toothpicks in water for about 10 minutes before using, so that they don’t burn in the hot oven.
I love to roast my own peppers at home if I have the time. There are many great recipes for this available online.
If you’re choosing jarred roasted red peppers or sundried tomatoes (like I often due, because we’re busy people!) Then please read the ingredients.
Choose something in a glass jar. The oil should be a healthy oil such as olive oil, and there should be no added sugar or preservatives.
Peppers, tomatoes, olive oil, and spices…that’s it! I always drain these very well before using in recipes.
Makes 4 servings
- 4 even-sized, medium chicken breasts
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried Italian seasonings
- 8 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 10 oz jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 4 cloves fresh or roasted garlic
- 2 Tbsps chicken broth
- 2 Tbsps dried or fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
- Prepare a baking sheet pan with parchment and/or cooking spray.
- Place chicken breasts in between parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Gently, and carefully pound chicken breasts into thin/even “pancake-like” 1/2 inch thick pieces with a mallet or the bottom of a heavy pan.
- Season with garlic powder & Italian seasonings and rub seasonings into the meat on all sides.
- In blender or food processor Purée:
- 8 oz jar Sun-Dried Tomatoes (drained well), a 10-12 oz jar Red Roasted Peppers (drained well-or roast your own) and your garlic. Add a tiny bit of organic Chicken Broth (or water), if necessary, to create a nice, thick sauce puree.
- Spread a thin layer of the purée (about 2-3 Tablespoons) onto one side of each chicken breast, and top this with a sprinkle of dried or fresh Italian parsley.
- Roll chicken up, encompassing the puree, as shown, using a toothpick to hold each together, and place rolls onto your lightly sprayed flat sheet pan.
- Bake in your preheated 375 f. degree oven for about 30-35 minutes, or just until chicken is cooked through, finishing with a quick (1-2 minute) broil to brown the tops.
- Serve with roasted green beans! Consider incorporating some greens: Add a few pieces of fresh spinach or kale before rolling up the chicken.