Tuna Fritters + Creamy Yogurt Dill Sauce 🌱🍋
Maybe you’re like me and have lots of canned tuna or salmon in the pantry? (Yep. This recipe works great with salmon too!)
Maybe you’re also looking for a FUN way to turn that canned fish into a super tasty, and quick lunch or snack for your family?
Total crowd pleaser – and EASY as can be!
These are great with shredded chicken or flaked salmon instead of tuna if that’s what you have at home; So experiment and find your FAVORITE way to make em’!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 cans x 7.5 oz each water-packed tuna, thoroughly drained
- 2 celery ribs, very finely chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, very finely chopped or grated
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup oat flour, gluten free if needed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 ground black pepper, to taste
- Avocado oil cooking spray
For the Sauce:
- 1-1/2 cups plain Greek yogurt, or coconut yogurt
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tsps fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 6 sprigs fresh dill, chopped
- tiny pinch each: sea salt & white pepper
- dash of favorite hot sauce
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees f. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
Whisk all of your dip ingredients together in a bowl, and set in the fridge until ready to serve.
In a mixing bowl combine the drained tuna with celery, onion, eggs, oat flour, sea salt and pepper.
Stir to combine well and take spoonfuls of mixture to form into small patties as shown. Place your patties on the prepared baking sheet and very lightly spray with avocado oil.
Bake for 16-18 minutes, flipping them halfway.
Once your fritters are done, turn on the broil function and broil for a couple of minutes to get a nice golden top.
Serve with your sauce and enjoy!