Perfect Turkey Taco Salad
Reach your goals and eat like a QUEEN!
Seriously, everyone will love this recipe!
I LOVE the colors and the fact that it’s loaded with clean protein so I don’t have to worry about cravings after I eat!
Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup organic salsa
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 6-8 cups romaine salad leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- Optional toppings: grated cheese, fresh lime, plain yogurt
In a large skillet, cook turkey, peppers, onion and garlic over medium heat for 6-8 minutes, breaking up turkey into crumbles; turkey should be entirely cooked through and starting to brown.
Stir in salsa, chili powder, and cumin; and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Divide lettuce among four plates or place it in one big bowl.
Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, avocado, and carrot. Sprinkle with cilantro and add optional toppings of choice.