Jump to recipe
Unstuffed Bell Pepper Skillet
All the flavors of our favorite stuffed bell peppers…but way faster!
Traditional Stuffed Bell Peppers can take a few hours to make and bake, this skillet meal can be on the table in about 30 minutes! Perfect for a satisfying weeknight dinner idea!
My great-grandmother used to make THE BEST stuffed peppers when I was a girl.
I can still taste them and recall the delicious aroma throughout the house…they would take her hours and hours to make.
THIS version is a QUICK skillet spin on that traditional stuffed pepper, AND these only take about 30 minutes to prepare.
I’m excited for you to try this variation.
I doubled the recipe to make LOTS for future lunches throughout the week! #mealprep
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 1- 1/2 lbs lean ground turkey or beef
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- sea salt and ground pepper to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- 2 Tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 1 – 15 oz can diced tomatoes or fire-roasted tomatoes with juice
- 1 – 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Colby Jack or cheddar cheese or cheese of choice
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f.
Heat the oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Saute the onions, garlic, and peppers for about 2-3 minutes.