Zoodles + Fresh Avocado Sauce
Our gardens and markets are packed with fresh zucchini this week – THIS is one way I’m adding them to the menu! Makes 4 servings
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1-2 fresh garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 Tbsp water, to thin the sauce
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 3 fresh, crisp medium zucchini spiralized or cut into ¼ inch wide strips (Cleanfoodcrush.com/spiralizer )
- 1 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
In a food processor, blend avocado, garlic, cilantro, oil, lemon juice and 2-3 Tbsp water, until smooth.
Season with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
Heat a large pan over med-hi heat, add a tsp avocado oil or extra virgin olive oil, and add in zoodles.
Sauté for just 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly soft and bright green.
Drain all excess water.
Add in the avocado sauce and cherry tomatoes and toss very gently to coat.