Jump to recipe
Apple Nachos with Homemade “Toffee” Drizzle 🍎📚
Afternoon snacks that turn Moms & Dads into heroes! Really!! Fun enough to get your kids’ attention…SIMPLE enough to make together in a few minutes…full of nutrients and energy to help them (and YOU) power through afternoon activities!
I’ve made these apple nachos for the blog previously:
… But THIS Toffee Drizzle takes it up a few notches! HAD to share this idea!
Set out several variations of these ingredients, depending on YOUR family’s tastes, and let the kids build their own! Try almond butter, or peanut butter, and YOUR favorite chopped nuts.
Maybe even dark dark chocolate chunks or cacao nibs if you’re feeling like it!
- 4 apples of choice, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- juice and zest of 1 fresh small lemon
- 1/4 cup dried fruits, coarsely chopped (like cranberries, raisins, pineapple, or goji berry)
- 1/4 cup nuts of choice, finely chopped (like walnuts, pecans, almonds, or pistachios)
- 2 Tbsps nut butter, optional (tahini, peanut butter, or almond butter)
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Place all of your toffee drizzle ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until completely smooth. Set aside.
Slice your apples into wedges and place them in a large bowl. Add fresh lemon juice, zest, then sprinkle with cinnamon.
Gently toss to coat. This will prevent the apples from browning and will enhance the flavor.
Arrange your apple wedges on a serving platter nicely as shown.
Top with dried fruits, nuts, nut butter, then drizzle with your toffee sauce.
Dive in – I mean, serve immediately and enjoy!