Baked Smoky Potato Wedges + Limey Avo Mash
Every time I post potatoes, someone comments “potatoes aren’t healthy”
I’m happy to know that in fact – potatoes are REAL food and a nutrient dense snack option!
Treat them like a treat! Don’t overdo it!
These homemade wedges are a FABULOUS snack for your kids + growing teens.Makes about 4 servings
- 2 lbs. small russet potatoes, skin on, washed well and patted dry
- 1 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil
- mashed avocado, guacamole, marinara sauce, hot sauce or homemade ranch. (I mashed 1 ripe avocado with 1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed lime for my dip.)
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f. and add a silicone baking mat on a large sheet pan. Alternatively, you can line it with parchment paper. Slice the potatoes in half lengthways, then into wedges as shown. In a large bowl place wedges and sprinkle with seasonings and oil. Toss to get them really well coated. Arrange the potato wedges on the prepared baking sheet leaving some space in between each one so they can crisp up! Bake for 30 minutes in your preheated oven, or just until potatoes are fork-tender and crispy-golden brown. Enjoy them with your favorite dip!