Jump to recipe
Buffalo-Style Chicken Chili 🔥
Buffalo-style flavored ANYTHING seems to make everyone HAPPY at my house, so this soup was the perfect inexpensive meal to make for my crew when I noticed ground chicken on sale at our local grocer.
Incredibly flavorful, satisfying, and just so darn GOOD! Topping this tasty soup with crisp celery + blue cheese is the chef’s kiss for buffalo flavor-inspired soup! Celery adds a nice crisp fresh element, while the blue cheese adds a bit of creaminess.
Hot soup is very filling and cozy year-round.
Soup helps to stretch the family grocery budget while filling up those bellies with fresh, whole-food ingredients you carefully choose yourself.
I often double up soup recipes because it always tastes even better the next day, and also freezes very well. So right after dinner, dish up your lunch containers for tomorrow and stash them in the fridge, then freeze the rest for the next time you’re craving this DELICIOUS soup!
🌶 I LOVE spicy foods so I like to add lots of jalapeños, but you can add less jalapeño to keep things on the mild side.
Did you know that a lot of the heat from peppers is actually found in the seeds? So if you remove the jalapeño peppers seeds then you’ll tame down the heat a good bit, leaving the flavor.
🍅 Tomato puree is a thick puree made by cooking and straining fresh tomatoes. The main difference between tomato puree, and tomato sauce is the consistency; tomato puree is thicker and has a deeper flavor than tomato sauce. Tomato sauce will also work well for this recipe if that’s what you have on hand.
🍗 Try this with our Homemade Bone Broth Recipe.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 large onion, finely diced
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2 jalapeño or red chile peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 x 15 oz tomato puree
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsps cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 2 tsps ground cumin
- 2 x 15oz cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 Tbsp grass-fed butter, ghee, or clarified butter
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh celery, sliced
- crumbled blue cheese, to serve
- sliced jalapeño or red chile pepper, sliced
- chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
Heat your oil in a large Dutch oven or stockpot over medium heat.