Roasted Cauliflower Pizza Bites
Those Roasted Cauliflower Bites… they’re now Pizza Bites…
SIMPLE recipe! You gotta try!
- 1 LARGE head cauliflower, sliced into flat, disc like pieces as shown. (larger heads of cauli work best!) you will have extra unused pieces-reserve for another meal.
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Garlic Powder
- All natural, low sugar pizza sauce (small glass jar)
- 1/2 cups natural mozzarella cheese
- No-nitrate pepperoni Applegate brand is great
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
Cover a large flat sheet pan with foil for easy cleanup.
Brush cauliflower(both sides) with oil. Lay flat on a large sheet pan.
Sprinkle with sea salt & a touch of garlic powder.
Roast in your preheated 400 degree oven on a flat sheet pan for about 10 minutes per side. 20 minutes total, flipping once. We want em’ golden brown, and a little crispy!
Remove from oven. Heat oven to broil.
In the mean time, place a tiny tsp dollop of pizza sauce onto the center of each cauliflower bite, followed by a tiny pinch of natural mozzarella(or fav Italian cheese), and pepperoni. I cut my pepperoni with a mini cookie cutter, alternately-you can cut larger pepperoni into fourths.
Place pan back into the oven & broil for 1-2 minutes until bubbly.
Sprinkle with fresh thyme. (optional)