Enchilada Cauliflower-Rice Bowls
Another GREAT prep ahead option for lunches on-the-go!Makes 3 servings
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 4 cups), chopped into florets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, or avocado oil
- Juice of a lime
- 2 Tbsp cilantro or parsley leaves, chopped
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1lb.) 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 cups organic enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup organic corn
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
Preheat a sauté pan over medium heat, add oil, chicken, chilli powder, and enchilada sauce.
Cover the pan and cook for about 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and tender. Once the chicken is done, shred with two forks and mix it with the sauce in the pan.
For the cauliflower rice: Place florets in bowl of food processor in batches. Process until evenly chopped but not completely pulverized. Or chop by hand with a sharp knife.
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and 1 Tbsp oil.
Add the “riced” cauliflower to the hot skillet and sprinkle with sea salt, chili powder, and garlic powder.
Let the cauliflower rice sauté in the pan for about 4 minutes stirring occasionally.
To assemble the bowls:
Scoop some of the cauliflower rice into the bottom of each serving bowl.
Top with equal amounts of shredded chicken, beans, corn, tomatoes and cilantro.
Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Leave a Comment Below: