Chicken Taco Salad with Creamy Cilantro-Lime Dressing
Basically change your Dinner plans…THIS needs to happen TODAY!
Clean Eating never got more beautiful! Look at this vibrant and nourishing salad. Let me know if you loved it too!!
Makes 4 servings
- 2 Tbsps avocado oil or olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut to bite-size
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large heads romaine, chopped
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 ear of corn, chopped
- 1/2 cup black/or kidney beans, drained and rinsed if using canned
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- juice from 1 fresh lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, chopped fine
- Extra lime for serving
Rub chicken with paprika, cumin, pepper, sea salt.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes, stirring constantly until all chicken bites are golden brown and just cooked through. Allow chicken to rest in the pan, removed from the heat while you assemble the salad.
In a large bowl, add the lettuce and evenly sprinkle with the tomatoes, corn, black beans, avocado and chicken; set aside.
Make the dressing in a small bowl; add the yogurt, lime juice, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Add the cilantro and stir to incorporate.
Before you serve the salad, drizzle with dressing and toss to combine.
Serve with fresh lime wedges.
Enjoying this recipe? You might also like 15 Minute Greek Salad