My balanced Fit/Food Prep bowls are some of the MOST POPULAR here on the CleanFoodCrush website …because people need balanced grab-n-go lunch options! This is a delicious Wintertime spin on the Fitness bowls.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 4 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water, or broth
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley/cilantro
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
- sea salt and pepper
- fresh lemon wedges to serve
- Preheat the oven to 375°f. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash and the chicken breast on the baking sheet. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of oil and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the quinoa to the pan and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir in the water/broth and a generous pinch of salt. Bring the mixture to a boil. Turn down the heat to low and cover the pan; cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all of the liquid.
- Take the pan off the heat and allow the quinoa to rest for 5 minutes covered. Fluff with a fork.
- Transfer the quinoa to a large serving bowl. Gently fold in butternut squash, cranberries, parsley, scallions, pumpkin seeds, feta cheese, and pomegranate seeds.
- Squeeze lemon wedges all over and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide everything into 4 equal portions.