Jump to recipe..
Orange Chicken Stir-Fry with Asparagus
This was our quick 20 minute dinner tonight!
Makes 6 servings
- 1.5 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast/tenders, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive or avocado oil, divided
- 2 lb asparagus, end portions trimmed and remainder diced into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp peeled and finely grated fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Juice of 2 fresh oranges
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a 12-inch non-stick wok, heat 1/2 oil over moderately high heat. Once oil is hot, add diced chicken and season lightly with salt and pepper. Sauté until cooked through, tossing occasionally, about 5-6 minutes.
Place chicken on a large plate and set aside. Return wok, reduce to medium-high heat, add remaining oil.
Once oil is hot, add asparagus, yellow onion and mushrooms, and sauté until tender-crisp, about 4 – 5 minutes, adding in garlic and ginger during the last 1 minute of sautéing.
Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl whisk together chicken broth, orange juice, honey and cornstarch until well blended.
Pour chicken broth mixture into skillet with veggies, season with salt and pepper to taste, and bring mixture to a light boil, stirring constantly. Allow mixture to gently boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
Toss chicken into mixture and serve immediately over brown rice or quinoa.
Leave a Comment Below:
Tags: chicken stir-fry, clean dinner ideas, clean eating dinners, homemade orange chicken stir-fry recipe, homemade stir-fry, orange chicken stir fry recipe, orange chicken stir fry recipe with vegetables