How do you GRILL a PERFECTLY cooked, MOIST Chicken Breast? I get this question everyday !It IS possible! Here are some AWESOME tips for that perfect chicken breast! 🙂
- Start with uniform breasts. Trim fat, pound the thicker parts if needed to create uniform – ish pieces of meat. Do not over-pound the chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours beforehand. Use a marinade with an oil (I typically use avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil – in very small amounts!), an acid (lemon, lime, vinegar) & FLAVOR such as: herbs, garlic, mustard, chili, liquid/coconut aminos, etc.
- Bring meat just to room temperature before grilling. I remove from refrigerator & give them 15 minutes on the counter in a single layer.
- ALWAYS Grill chicken on a medium-HIGH heat, flipping only ONCE! Be sure to PREHEAT the grill before cooking.
- It likes to be undistrubed during it’s grilling.
- Depending on the thickness of your breasts(this varies so greatly, I hesitate to post cooking time) about 4-7 minutes on the first side, 3-5 on the second. Keep in mind the heat is usually hotter in the back, adjust breasts according to needed cooking times/place larger breasts where it’s hotter. Chicken needs to be cooked thoroughly, until juices run clear. BUT it is very important to not over cook!
- When removing from the grill, the meat should be firm to the touch & juicy. Not hard & dry. Flipping only once during grilling & PRACTICE will make this happen!
- Wrap, or cover tightly, hot(still juicy) breasts in tinfoil for 4-5 minutes, allowing to rest after removing from the grill. This helps the meat to stay juicy & warm while rounding up your people to eat your PERFECTLY GRILLED CHICKEN!
- ALWAYS prepare extra for future meals!
- Refrigerate once cool.
Now you’re set for grilling the PERFECT meal. Here are three recipe options for you to start with: Try this Grilled Taco + Lime Chicken for Tacos! or this Avocado Salsa Grilled Chicken or these Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps.