How do you GRILL a PERFECTLY cooked, MOIST Chicken Breast? I get this question everyday!It IS possible! Here are some AWESOME tips for that perfect chicken breast! 🙂
- Start with uniform breasts. Trim fat, pound the thicker parts if needed to create uniform – ish pieces of meat. Do not over-pound the chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for a few hours beforehand. Use a marinade with an oil (I typically use avocado oil, or extra virgin olive oil – in very small amounts!), an acid (lemon, lime, vinegar) & FLAVOR such as: herbs, garlic, mustard, chili, liquid/coconut aminos, etc.
- Bring meat just to room temperature before grilling. I remove from refrigerator & give them 15 minutes on the counter in a single layer.
- ALWAYS Grill chicken on a medium-HIGH heat, flipping only ONCE! Be sure to PREHEAT the grill before cooking.
- It likes to be undistrubed during it’s grilling.
- Depending on the thickness of your breasts(this varies so greatly, I hesitate to post cooking time) about 4-7 minutes on the first side, 3-5 on the second. Keep in mind the heat is usually hotter in the back, adjust breasts according to needed cooking times/place larger breasts where it’s hotter. Chicken needs to be cooked thoroughly, until juices run clear. BUT it is very important to not over cook!
- When removing from the grill, the meat should be firm to the touch & juicy. Not hard & dry. Flipping only once during grilling & PRACTICE will make this happen!
- Wrap, or cover tightly, hot(still juicy) breasts in tinfoil for 4-5 minutes, allowing to rest after removing from the grill. This helps the meat to stay juicy & warm while rounding up your people to eat your PERFECTLY GRILLED CHICKEN!
- ALWAYS prepare extra for future meals!
- Refrigerate once cool.
Now you’re set for grilling the PERFECT meal. Here are three recipe options for you to start with: Try this Grilled Taco + Lime Chicken for Tacos! or this Avocado Salsa Grilled Chicken or these Grilled Chicken Caesar Wraps. ????
Did you like my tips? Do you have anymore suggestions for us? Please let me know how it goes!