Meet Stephanie Who Lost 13.5 Pounds in 30 Days With CleanFoodCrush!
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I am a 44 year old mother of three, daughter(17) and twin boys(15). I am married to a wonderful man, we just celebrated 21 years in October. We always have dogs, currently, we have two, a Maltipoo and a Llhasopoo, that bring much happiness to our family. I work as a Customer Service Agent for my husband’s company. The most wonderful part of that is I get to work from home.
We love spending time together as a family, much more difficult now that the kids are older. We like to travel and go camping as much as possible. My hubby and I just bought an RV and we are looking forward to traveling in it and making this a retirement hobby! We have a great group of friends we hang with and have for many years, that we consider family. I like to craft, play board games, watch movies, mess around with the kids and their sports.
I was diagnosed with Type II diabetes almost 4 years ago. It was a shocker. It took this 4 years and some bad symptoms to get my head on straight. I was embarrassed to be taking up to 8 or 9 different medications at such a young age. I was tired of living in an unhealthy, run-down, and exhausted body.
I have always struggled with my body image/weight. I would like to think I am pretty active. Usually, I will work on myself for a bit and then decide to stop. It’s been many years of yo-yo dieting and finally, I had enough. I was tired of the magic pill, drink, supplement, etc. Decided it was the right time and place to focus on me. If I wasn’t feeling right, my entire life was a debacle.
I had followed CFC for a year or so and finally decided to take the plunge and join the 30 Day Challenge. BEST THING I EVER DECIDED TO DO. It’s time to take care of myself. I am always taking care of others and decided to take care of me. By doing that, I am also able to better help my own family and other people. I have learned to enjoy my food, eat clean, and look at the labels to understand what is actually going into my body.
I was starting to hate cooking and now I look forward to getting in the kitchen and following the recipes. We have gone from eating out almost five days a week, at least a couple of times a day, to eating at home. I have learned how it is very important to eat 5 times a day and close that kitchen at night.
The quote I live by is, “Fight as hard for yourself as you would fight for anyone else”. To be honest, I view that picture every day, multiple times a day, and it is what helps keep me going.
I have to thank Rachel and her entire team. The amount of support is absolutely amazing. The constant 24/7 access is out of this world.
If you follow the plan, you will succeed. I have always been a victim to the scale. I have learned that a non-scale victory is just as important, if not more important than a scale victory.
My experience with the CFC Challenge has been completely different than other diets. I have searched for over 7 years for a solution to my unhealthy habits. That’s exactly what this challenge has provided. The amount of support and the groups are amazing. You don’t feel like you are bothering anyone. For someone who is generally shy, when it comes to health and my looks, this was an easy transition.
There are several things I have learned through the 30 days and have successfully achieved:
- I’ve lost 13.5lbs, since then, on W7 have lost an additional 2lbs and 1in.
- Inches lost: 9
- I am a diabetic who recently had to start insulin after 3 years. My insulin levels dropped from 26 units at night to 8 units
- Energy levels have skyrocketed
- Healthier skin, nails, and hair
- Depression has improved greatly, completely off my meds for that
- Tingling and numbness in fingers and toes gone
- Headaches are gone. I was taking 800mg Motrin daily (almost twice a day). NOW, none. Maybe twice, at 600mg once a day, in the last 30 days.
- I look forward to exercising
- Regained a wardrobe that is already in my closet, clothes fit better, some even too loose
- Proud and not ashamed of my physical appearance
- Do more around the house and in general since I am not sitting on the couch all day
- I now find JOY in cooking and prepping
- Have learned to make good choices with food and why it is important
- Cravings are gone for the most part
- Have enjoyed a couple of guilty food pleasures and didn’t beat myself up over it
- This lifestyle doesn’t feel like a chore
- I am more self-aware
TWO of the Most Important Lessons I Learned:
- I AM IMPORTANT and WORTH IT
- Helping myself and making myself a priority with my health makes for a great example to our kids, and that also makes our family life only better.
My words of wisdom are to take the leap, fight as hard for yourself as you would fight for anyone else.(I have that on my phone over a picture of me and it’s the most motivating phrase I have ever heard). The support and constant dedication from CFC is absolutely amazing and makes me not want to quit.
Leave a Comment Below: