Taco Mason Jar Salads for Meal Prep
Super Tasty Taco Salad stays fresh in your fridge, ready for a quick lunchtime break!
➡️ Why glass canning jars for salads?
Because they stay fresher this way! As long as you build it in the proper order (very important!) Then you’ll have tasty grab-n-go salads all week!
How awesome would it be to start your week KNOWING you have a delicious, healthy lunch prepared for the next few days!?!
Salad-Jars to the rescue!
The secret to a perfect and tasty Mason jar salad is all in the order of assembly!
Dressing always goes on the bottom of the jar.
The dressing goes in first.
This is very important!
This guarantees that your salad veggies don’t get soggy.
Avocado can go directly into the dressing because this helps the avocado from browning.
Next, add a grain like rice or quinoa, and/or a protein.
This protects your more delicate greens from the moisture.
Then the fun stuff!
Leafy greens always go in last…on top!
Salad Jars will stay fresh in the fridge for 3-4 days if:
The jar itself is completely dry.
The vegetables, especially the leafy greens are completely dry when assembling.
Fold a paper towel and place it at the very top of the jar before sealing. This really helps with the moisture inside the jars and prolongs freshness.
Keep refrigerated with a tightly sealed lid.
Where to purchase wide mouth mason jars?
I always use WIDE mouth quart-sized glass jars. Check out these 32-ounce wide mouth mason jars, or look around Amazon, Target, or Williams Sonoma for higher-end jars if you plan to use them A LOT like I do!Makes 4 servings
- 4 wide-mouth quart-size mason jars
- 1 – 1/2 lbs. ground turkey, or grass-fed beef
- 2-3 Tbsps homemade taco seasoning recipe
- 3 Tbsps olive oil or avocado oil divided
- 2 small avocados, diced
- 4 oz. can diced green chilies, in their juice
- juice from 1 large fresh lime
- 1/4 tsp sea salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen organic corn, thawed, or fresh local sweet corn cut from the cob
- 1.5 cups cooked brown rice
- 4-5 cups thinly shredded romaine lettuce, let air dry very well