Fresh Tomato Sauce Easy Preparation!
- 2 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Core, chop tomatoes. Thinly slice garlic.
- In medium frying pan over low heat, cook garlic in olive oil until it’s soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients. Increase heat to medium-high.
- Cook until tomatoes start to bubble. Reduce heat to low, so the sauce gently simmers.
- Cook, uncovered, undisturbed, until oil separates from sauce, and most liquid has evaporated, about 30 minutes.
Clean Cooking Tips:
This would make a PERFECT vegetarian meal, over zucchini noodles.
I use my Paderno Spiralizer purchased from Amazon, to make the noodles.
I also toss my zucchini noodles in a frying pan with a dash of olive oil, for several minutes, just to warm.
I added my lean ground meat, which was cooked separately with onions & garlic (I wanted the protein)
You could add your cooked, drained meat to the tomato sauce during the last several minutes cooking time.