Jump to recipe
Valentine’s Day Stuffed Peppers ❤❤❤
Festive, FUN, Flavorful, & filled with delicious fresh herbs and veggies!
I like to call these types of projects a “food craft” because they’re really fun to make together as a family!
Valentine’s Day Stuffed Peppers are quite tasty with a perfect blend of seasonings & fresh herbs. Feel free to experiment with your favorite herbs and veggies to make your stuffed peppers suited to your family’s taste!
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 1 Tbsp olive or avocado oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and finely diced
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and small diced
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 12 oz mushrooms, cleaned and diced
- 2 cups of crushed tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbsps chopped fresh oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
Cook the brown rice according to package instructions.
Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and using a paring knife carefully remove and discard the seeds and pit.
Cut out a heart in the center of each bell pepper as shown in the photos; save the cutout hearts.
Place your peppers into a baking dish or tray and lightly spray with cooking oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake at 375 degrees f. for 10-12 minutes, or just until peppers slightly soften.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet heat your oil over medium-high heat. Add in onion, garlic, celery, carrots and sauté for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the yellow bell pepper and mushrooms and continue to cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Turn your heat off, and add the cooked rice to the skillet together with the remaining ingredients.
Once the time is up remove your red peppers from the oven and stuff each with the rice mixture.
Fit the cutout hearts back into the peppers to prevent the stuffing from spilling out.
Return to the oven and bake for 18-20 minutes more, or until cheese is melted and everything is hot throughout.
To serve, remove the cutout hearts to expose the filling of each pepper.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Leave a Comment Below:
Tags: valentine day clean eats