Clean Eating Build-A-Bowl for Lunch or Dinner!
Perfectly balanced 400 calorie FIT meal.
I created this post for my friends @TotalGymdirect.
This is great for when you don’t know what to make, or want to prep a few meals ahead of time.
Pick ONE option from each category:
Experiment with your own combos!
Step 1: Protein – 120 calories chicken, turkey, fish, tempeh, tofu, edamame, or eggs made with 1 tsp HEALTHY oil.
(I used a chicken breast in the photo… Here are my quick tips: Use just 1 tsp oil *per serving (avocado, coconut, or olive oil) in a hot saute pan. I prefer cast iron for even cooking, and moist chicken. Season breasts with your all your faves; I used cumin, garlic, sea salt & fresh ground pepper. If the pan is properly preheated, then 3-4 minutes per side is all you’ll need. Immediately wrap breasts in foil, and let sit for 10 minutes. Perfectly moist breasts!)
- 1/2c quinoa
- brown rice or diced cooked sweet potato.
- 1c kale
- baby spinach
- or other leafy greens (I used fresh chopped Red Leaf lettuce, here)
- 1c roasted
- steamed or raw veggies
- 2T-3T of your choice of beans(optional)
- If using canned, be sure to rinse!
- 50 calories avocado
- feta cheese
- or homemade dressing (from CFC dressing guide).
Unlimited fresh lime:
- lemon juice
- or vinegar may also be used as additional dressing.
- store (dressing/fats separate) in the refrigerator & eat within 3-4 days.