Who’s SUPER excited for Summer Garden Vegetables!?!
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of the flesh scooped out.
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef (I used grass fed beef tonight)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed(I found bpa free cans at my local health food store)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn(optional)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (I used almond cheese)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until golden about 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer, transfer onion mixture to a plate. Brown meat (drain well) and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add tomatoes, onion mixture, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook just until heated through.
- Add the mixture equally to each zucchini half (and slightly press as filling to fit). Cover baking dish with foil and bake about 15-20 minutes, until. Remove foil, sprinkle tops evenly with cheese then return to oven to bake until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes longer.