Jump to recipe
Fajita Stuffed Zucchini
Who’s SUPER excited for Summer Garden Vegetables!?!
- 3 medium zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, most of the flesh scooped out.
- 1 medium yellow or red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb lean ground turkey or beef (I used grass fed beef tonight)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (10 oz) can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed(I found bpa free cans at my local health food store)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh corn(optional)
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2/3 cup shredded cheese (I used almond cheese)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and saute until golden about 5 minutes, then add garlic and saute 30 seconds longer, transfer onion mixture to a plate. Brown meat (drain well) and season with salt and pepper.
Reduce heat to medium-low, add tomatoes, onion mixture, black beans, corn, chili powder, cumin, cilantro, lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook just until heated through.
Add the mixture equally to each zucchini half (and slightly press as filling to fit). Cover baking dish with foil and bake about 15-20 minutes, until. Remove foil, sprinkle tops evenly with cheese then return to oven to bake until cheese has melted, about 3 minutes longer.