Okay, so you might have overindulged yesterday…????♀️ Sometimes feeling yucky when we wake up is part of the process.
It’s all about how we LEARN from it!????It’s super important to remember that “falling off the wagon” for a day doesn’t have to mean your weight loss progress is over.
What matters is that you get yourself right back into a healthy pattern right away. Don’t beat yourself up, that just makes you feel worse.
Instead, accept what happened and focus on how you want to feel moving forward.
Here’s how to get back on track TODAY:
1. Drink your H2O. 8-10 glasses. Throw in a big squeeze of lemon to each glass.????
Drinking water first thing in the morning will help you wake up, and reduce inflammation. Keep a water bottle with you wherever you go so you can stay hydrated throughout the day. I love adding slices of citrus fruits and herbs like mint, basil or rosemary to my water!
2. Get back into your workout groove, now. Movement will instantly brighten your mood.????♀️
What type of movement you choose will largely depend on your mobility and flexibility. There’s no need to push yourself beyond what’s comfortable for you. Find an activity that feels good and brings you joy. We’re always much more likely to stick to habits that actually feel good for us to do!
3. Do not try to starve yourself. You can eat lighter the next couple days, but don’t try to “make up for the weekend.”
Just get back on track with your eating goals and get yourself meal prepped for the coming week. Starving yourself just leads to more overindulgence.????
Here are a few Clean Eating Snacks you can try:
Gluten-Free Mini Chocolate Chip Muffins
4. Make a SOLID plan to go to bed 1 hour earlier tonight. Your body is working hard to recover! ⏰
As we sleep our organs have a chance to rest, and our digestion gets a break. This allows our body to kick into fat-burning mode. It’s proven that we lose more weight when we sleep well – so even if you’re doing all the right things, you’re likely to lose less if you stay up too late or eat right before you crash for the night.
5. Don’t beat yourself up! Learn to wake up each day, refreshed (regardless of the previous days’ struggles) – and move forward with positive intention.????
Self-love is going to carry you through this journey. I can’t say this enough, it’s VITAL that you allow yourself permission to be human. No one is perfect, so go easy on yourself. We all slip up and it’s useless to shame or blame yourself for doing so. Just get right back up and keep doing what is best for your body. Eat Clean, stay hydrated, get good rest, and speak kindly to yourself. Weight loss requires that you not only develop new habits but a new, positive mindset too.