Simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Don’t Toss these powerful little seeds!
- 1 1/2 cups raw whole pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt to taste
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F
Toss seeds in a bowl with the oil and salt. Spread the seeds in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown; stir occasionally.
Healthy Pumpkin Seeds Facts:
1. Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of essential fatty acids, which have numerous health benefits. From providing protection against serious health diseases such as high blood pressure, arthritis and cancer to promoting healthy skin and improving brain power, essential fatty acids present in pumpkin oil offer many health benefits.
3. The high amount of Vitamin A, C and E as well as Zinc present in pumpkin, make it great for healthy and glowing skin. A cup of pumpkin seeds per day can prevent appearance of wrinkles and to keep your skin hydrated and glowing!
4. Pumpkin seeds are the only seed that is alkaline-forming; in this world of highly acidic diets, that is a very good thing.
5. Pumpkin contain L-tryptophan, which helps with good sleep and lowering depression. Tryptophan is converted into serotonin and niacin. Serotonin is also very helpful in helping us to have a good night’s sleep.
6. These little seeds also reduce inflammation for arthritis without the side effects of anti-inflammatory drugs.