I really enjoy the taste & texture of spaghetti squash.
I adore Fresh Tomatoes.
I really loved this entire idea!
NOT EVEN CLOSE to crispy crust pizza, but a fantastic meal, that has so many variations!
For the spaghetti squash Prep:
- Cut a medium spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds.
- Very lightly coat the inside with olive oil.
- Bake @375 degrees f skin side up, on a flat sheet pan for about 45 minutes.
- Use a fork to shred “spaghetti” out of the skin.
- Use paper towels to soak up moisture. This is VERY important.
If there is moisture left in the squash, you will have soggy crust.
- In a large bowl, mix squash, 1 egg, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasonings.
- Spread crust mixture very thin on a parchment or foil (foil=crisper) pizza sheet pan.
- I will try my pan coated in olive oil next time, instead of parchment (hoping for crisper crust.)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are browning.
This is where you can have fun!
- I used several varieties of tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh thyme, fresh minced garlic, sea salt and pepper. That’s it!
- A thin layer of store bought, all natural (low sugar) marinara.
- Fresh, all-natural slices of Mozzarella cheese.
- Fresh Parmesan cheese.
- Cooked, crumbled lean ground meat, such as turkey, seasoned with Italian seasonings.
Arrange toppings on your crust, bake in your 400 degree oven for an additional 5-7 minutes.
Keep an eye on it, if you added cheese.
Do you like Creative Clean ideas like this one?
Then you’ll LOVE our ebook bundle: