Christmas Tree Potato Pizzas 🎄
Just popping in here really quickly – in between wrapping presents, and peeking out the window continuously to see if that last gift that I ordered on Monday is going to show up..lol😅
I’m also making THESE cookie cutter pizzas with the kids 😍 They’re really FUN, and it’s one less sugary treat happening in our kitchen today! You can actually use any small cookie cutter of your choice, so feel free to make them your own shape of choice.
Kids are more likely to try foods if we get them involved in the making & cooking process. So don’t forget to use kitchen time as a bonding and learning tool for the children in your home.
The rewards are priceless (and tasty!).
Be sure to use YOUR favorite marinara sauce or tomato sauce, because that’s where these lil’ babies get a lot of their flavor!
➡️When shopping for store-bought sauce:
I like to make sure the marinara has no added sugar (tomatoes naturally contain sugar, but added sugar shouldn’t be on the ingredients list).
Marinara sauce or tomato sauce should contain just a few simple ingredients such as tomatoes, garlic and herbs.
4-6 servings as a snack
- 2 extra large potatoes, peeled and rinsed, then pat dry
- olive oil, or avocado oil, to spray
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup pizza sauce, or marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- nitrate-free pepperoni, sliced into fourths or cut into very small rounds with a cookie cutter
- chives, thinly sliced