Jump to recipe
Fresh Chopped Veggie + Bean Salad 🌶️🍅🥑
We’re obsessed with chopped veggie salads. That’s pretty obvious because there are a lot of them here on the CFC website.
If you’re looking for a simple dish to bring to that get-together or party that’ll delight the taste buds: this is a really GOOD one!
🔪 Do you like chopping veggies?
I’ve always found it to be very meditative for me. Chopping veggies forces me to slow down, calm down, and be present. It’s strangely soothing while the finished result always makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment that my family will be eating all those beautifully prepared fresh vegetables.
🍋 ALWAYS use freshly-squeezed lemon/lime juice from an actual fresh lemon or lime. Bottled lemon juice from the store will give your salad a strange metallic or overly acidic taste. We want this to taste bright and fresh.
💡 Want to get the most juice possible from each of your fresh lemons and limes?
Of course, we do!
➡️ Here’s a quick trick:
On your counter or a cutting board, press and roll the lemon back and forth very firmly with your hands.
The rolling loosens and breaks down some of the citrus membranes and makes the outside a little more pliable. This makes it easier to squeeze which also means you’ll likely get more juice from your squeeze.
Let me know how this works for you!
➡️ A few more of our favorite chopped salads for you to try:
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Chop Chop Fresh Veggie Salad
- CFC’s FAVORITE chopped salad
- Greek Yogurt Cucumber Salad
- Thai Inspired Avocado Salad
- Quick Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 2 poblano peppers or green bell peppers, seeded and diced
- 6 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 ripe but firm avocados, chopped
- 1/2 cup black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 bunch fresh parsley or cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 – 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 – 15oz can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 tsp crushed chili flakes, or to taste
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 fresh lemons or limes, juiced
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
Drain and rinse the beans and place them in a large serving bowl.