Jump to recipe
Cucumber Tomato Herbed Salad
Sooo….maybe you have a bunch of garden fresh tomatoes and cucumbers hangin’ out at your place like I do? Our garden is producing like crazy right now and I’m super grateful for that, but trying to keep up! 😅 A version of this salad is on our dinner table every single night currently.
If you don’t have a veggie garden at home, hit up the farmer’s stands and markets this weekend! There’s nothing quite like the flavor of locally grown, vine-ripened produce!
I truly adore creating & serving freshly chopped salads throughout the Summertime BBQ season when ingredients are FRESH and plentiful. I often double or triple my chopped salads, to easily feed a big group.
This Salad is quite versatile, so if there’s something here you don’t like or don’t have on hand, then leave it out then add in something else.
The addition of herbs in this salad really elevates the fresh flavor. You can use any fresh herbs you personally love to create your own summertime masterpiece.
Often simple things are the most beautiful and this Summer Salad ABSOLUTELY reflects that!
Make SURE that you actually love the taste of the olive oil that you use for your salads such as this, because your salad will come out tasting very much like the oil you use. They each have their own unique flavor.
🔪Do you like chopping veggies?
I’ve found it to be very relaxing for me. Chopping veggies forces me to slow down, calm down, and be present. It’s incredibly soothing after a busy day and the finished result always makes me feel a great sense of accomplishment because my family will be eating all of these beautifully prepared fresh vegetables.
➡️ Here are some of our favorite chopped salads that you’ll also love:
- Mediterranean Inspired Chopped Salad
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Chop Chop Fresh Veggie Salad
- CFC’s FAVORITE chopped salad
- Greek Yogurt Cucumber Salad
- Thai Inspired Avocado Salad
- Quick Cucumber Avocado Salad
- 2 large cucumbers, small diced
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, quartered
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh mint leaves, chiffonade
- 1/2 a bunch of fresh parsley, chiffonade
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsps apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 2 Tbsps sumac
- crumbled feta cheese, optional to serve